Join M2 as we take you on a tour of Shanghai's local breakfast spots. Immerse yourself in the company of locals as you witness how they kick off their day with a hearty breakfast. And of course, indulge in the delectable morning treats yourself, savoring Shanghai's delicious flavors.
You will observe how the seniors kickstart their days, dive into the lively buzz of the local wet market, wander through the charming Longtong alleys, and stumble upon countless other fascinating local lives.
In many parts of Shanghai, especially in the morning, you'll find public parks bustling with activity. Elderly individuals gather for their morning exercises, which often include tai chi, qigong, dancing, and various stretching routines. These activities are not just about physical well-being but also serve as a way for the elderly to socialize and maintain a sense of community. You can witness their graceful movements and interactions as they kick-start their day with these exercises.
🍛 Discover authentic shanghai through morning local food vendors
🎎 Taste more than 12 local breakfast item
🎎 See local life and gain insights through local guide's eyes
- Xiaolongbao/ Steamed Buns
- Fried Dumplings
- Youtiao/deep-fried dough sticks
- Sesame balls
- Bean curd
- Soy milk
- Siu mai
- Egg-filled pancakes
- Wonton stew
- Meat Bao/BlackBean Bao/Vegan Bao
- Rice Balls
- Rice porridge
- Beef Soup
- Tonkatsu/ Fried Pork Chop
- Local Coffee
- and more
Note: Vegetarians can be accommodated on this tour with meat-free alternatives. For other special dietary needs, please contact M2 staff in advance.
Get a glimpse of the the Tour Experience!
Group tour: 350¥ (min 4ppl, max 8)
Private tour: Price will depend on the number of people. Ask us for a quotation
- Professional English Speaking guide
- 12+ breakfast items
- Coffee break
- M2 organizing fee
- Every Sunday
Private tour: Choose the date!
- Drinks & meals not mentioned
- Tips for guide
- Optional activities not mentioned
- If you cancel within 2 days before departure, you won't qualify for a refund but you can use the money for your next booking with M2.
- If you cancel last minute (less than 24h in advance) you won't qualify for a refund nor be able to use the money for the next booking