Whether you've been living in Shanghai for years or freshly arrived in the city, this walking tour will surprise you! Knowledgeable guide WEN will share historical context, personal anecdotes, and lesser-known details, providing a deeper understanding of
Shanghai's Bund Origin. After the walking tour, you'll have a cold drink or coffee break with Wento to discuss and exchange ideas.
After the First Opium War, Shanghai began to open up to the world, attracting the British who established their consulate in this region. The Bund, home to some of the oldest buildings, served as the starting point for the modernization of Shanghai. From the late 19th century to the early 20th century, this area flourished with a concentration of educated individuals, consulates, churches, museums, press outlets, banks, high-class apartments, and foreign firms. It played a pivotal role in shaping Shanghai's political landscape, fostering Western cultural influences, and driving commercial development, thus becoming the cradle of the city's political, cultural, and commercial transformations.
⛩️ Walk into Bund Origin and discover the historical significance of Shanghai's opening up.
🏘️ Uncover the lives of the early British settlers: their work, religion, entertainment and sports.
📸Wander in the preserved symbols and historical narratives of the buildings.
- Former headquarters of the National Industrial Bank of China
- The North China Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society
- China Baptist Publication Building
- Capitol Theatre
- The Rowing club
- Y.M.C.A. of China Building
- Lyceum Building
- National YWCA Building
- Former British Consulate
Get a glimpse of the the Tour Experience!
From 35$ (220¥) The price will depend on the number of people you have. Contact us for a quotation 😊
- Professional English Speaking guide
- M2 organizing fee
- A cold drink or coffee at the end of the tour (depends on the time of the tour)
Available daily all year long
- Drinks & meals not mentioned
- Tips for guide
- Optional activities not mentioned
- If you cancel within 3 days before departure, you won't qualify for a refund but you can use the money for your next booking.
- If you cancel last minute (less than 24h in advance) you won't qualify for a refund nor be able to use the money for the next booking.